Saturday, November 12, 2011

I am waiting for a new batch of culture from GEM. My cousin asked me for a large batch of tempeh for Thanksgiving, and I'm just the slightest bit nervous that the culture won't arrive in time. GEM's is, so far, the best I've tried. Even at about six months sitting in my fridge, it produced beautiful, fluffy, clean tempeh at a smidgeon less than the recommended amount (I was running out). They offer no online ordering, though. You have to print out the form and mail it in with a check (which required me to figure out where my checkbook was - how long has it been since I've paid for something with other than Paypal, online bill paying, or a credit card?), which advances by snail mail from Philadelphia to the other side of the country (Washington state) and then the culture has to repeat the journey back to the East Coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment